Wednesday, July 9, 2014

This is how you have a baby???

Sarah and I have been trying to add an addition to the family for the past year and a half.  While I secretly hope for a lefty who can throw in the low 90s, Sarah is the sane one of us hoping for a healthy baby.  Today for the second time in two months, we are going through the IUI process in order to be able to conceive.  For those of you don't know, the best way I can relate it in a sports term is the doctor setting a great screen for an open 15 foot jump shot.  The doctor simply clears away the obstacles of conception and gives you the best chance for conceiving.  Now what I can tell you is that we still have a way better shot of me hitting that 15 footer than having a baby and I am an average shooter at best!  To explain the actual process without too much detail, Sarah went in for an ultrasound yesterday in which they found a follicle that contained an egg (I think....sometimes I get confused in this whole process) and thus they gave her a shot to force the body to ovulate.  We then follow the doctor's orders by today having me go in to give my "specimen" and then an hour later Sarah will have a procedure to implement my "specimen" to give us the best chance at pregnancy.  This whole procedure is not cheap and at best gives us a 20% chance of becoming pregnant.  After today we begin the whole waiting process in which two weeks from now if she can wait that long Sarah will take a pregnancy test.  Last month we went through this entire process only to get a negative test and find out the IUI did not work.  The doctor told us ahead of time it may take a few times to make this happen, but we were obviously very disappointed to put it lightly.  It is a rollercoaster of emotions and today we are back on the way up with optimism that this month the IUI will work.

Sometimes I ask myself why do all of this......is this God's plan for us or are we meant for something else.  It is about the time I ask myself  that I see Sarah holding one of our friend's babies and realize what an amazing mother she would be and how we must just keep our faith in this process.  Until that day comes, we will keep believing and praying and enjoying the blessing that is each other.

So today for us, please say a prayer and think happy, strong swimmers!!

No comments:

Post a Comment